[hobbit] Monitoring FLEXnet License Manager

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Wed Apr 30 18:04:19 CEST 2008

On mið, 2008-04-30 at 14:28 +0200, Stephane Caminade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Usually you have a flexlm utility called lmstat, which used with the
> -a switch will produce some rather verbose output you can then parse.

Hi Stephane,
tried this:
/opt/matlab/etc/lmstat -a |grep 'Users of' |grep '(Total of'
After grepping the output of the command it looks like this:

Users of MATLAB:  (Total of 400 licenses issued;  Total of 19 licenses
in use)
... 17 similar lines ... with MATLAB, SIMULINK, Communication_Toolbox,
Control_Toolbox, Distrib_Computing_Toolbox, Financial_Toolbox,
Fuzzy_Toolbox, Identification_Toolbox, Image_Toolbox,
Neural_Network_Toolbox, Optimization_Toolbox, PDE_Toolbox,
Simulink_Control_Design, Signal_Toolbox, Symbolic_Toolbox,
Statistics_Toolbox, Compiler

This info could be treated in a similar way as Hobbit treats disk
partitions. In this case the partitions would be MATLAB, SIMULINK,
etc, and the license useage could be shown as percentage of total.
That way it would be a useful tool for license management.
But that is much more than I bargained for. :)
Thanks for your comments.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?