[hobbit] Discussion regarding all in one patch for hobbit 4.2.0

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Apr 29 10:02:20 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 22:36:17 Haubrich,Myra [Ontario] wrote:
> I have to question about the all in one patch for hobbit 4.2.0.
>
> On sourceforge.net, is the Ubuntu debian packages for hobbit 4.2.0 had
> the all in one patch applied already? If not, they are useless, right?
> Because I have to download source code, apply the patch, make and
> install hobbit again to fix the major issues such as memory leak for
> alert module, etc.
>
> I've installed and configure the hobbit using the Ubuntu .deb package,
> then found out that the patch should be applied. It looks like the patch
> only comes in the format to apply on source code?

No, the Mandriva packages, (and the packages I provide for RHEL - e.g. at
http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/rhel4/hobbit/ - which are rebuilds of the
Mandriva packages) for which I am the maintainer, ship with the current
all-in-one patch (as well as the devmon and bbwin patches) applied.

Regards,
Buchan