[hobbit] Checkpoint High Availability Monitoring

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Mon Apr 28 17:24:02 CEST 2008

Le Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:33:09 +0200,
pkc_mls <pkc_mls at yahoo.fr> a écrit :

> L.M.J. a écrit :
> > Hi, once again ;)
> >
> >   I would like to monitor the HA cluster between 2 Checkpoint Firewall.
> >
> >   Several time a month, the cluster failed down, sound like one of the
> > numerous Ethernet card seems to be off during a couple of second, thus
> > the HA cluster switch to safe mode. I would like to detect this nasty
> > state from the Hobbit server to broadcast an alarm.
> >

> you have some commands that need to be parsed to do so.
> try "cphaprob -a if" and "cphaprob state".
> >   I don't know how the 2 Firewalls exchange health information (maybe via
> > Heartbeat). Anyone already figure out how to monitor this issue?
> >
> they exchange information via heartbeat.
> you can set up on smartdashboard the "fail over" tracking option.
> the main difficulty in my opinion is to be sure your monitoring will
> also work if the HA
> priority changes.

Hi pkc_mls,

  If you suggest to parse some command, I guess you mean to install Hobbit Client on the CheckPoint linux
firewalls which sound like not supported by CP (+ I guess my colleague, directly responsible of the FW, will
be able disagree :-/)

  Gonna first check out the Checkpoint SPLAT devmon template (thanks Michael)

  Thanks you very much guys,

   CU