[hobbit] Checkpoint High Availability Monitoring

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 28 09:33:09 CEST 2008

L.M.J. a écrit :
> Hi, once again ;)
>
>   I would like to monitor the HA cluster between 2 Checkpoint Firewall.
>
>   Several time a month, the cluster failed down, sound like one of the
> numerous Ethernet card seems to be off during a couple of second, thus
> the HA cluster switch to safe mode. I would like to detect this nasty
> state from the Hobbit server to broadcast an alarm.

you have some commands that need to be parsed to do so.
try "cphaprob -a if" and "cphaprob state".
>   I don't know how the 2 Firewalls exchange health information (maybe via
> Heartbeat). Anyone already figure out how to monitor this issue?

they exchange information via heartbeat.
you can set up on smartdashboard the "fail over" tracking option.
the main difficulty in my opinion is to be sure your monitoring will
also work if the HA
priority changes.

there is also an active firewall 1 archiev if you wish to ask the
question to firewall-1 users.