Checkpoint High Availability Monitoring

L.M.J. linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Mon Apr 28 09:15:45 CEST 2008

Hi, once again ;)

  I would like to monitor the HA cluster between 2 Checkpoint Firewall.

  Several time a month, the cluster failed down, sound like one of the
numerous Ethernet card seems to be off during a couple of second, thus
the HA cluster switch to safe mode. I would like to detect this nasty
state from the Hobbit server to broadcast an alarm.

  I don't know how the 2 Firewalls exchange health information (maybe via
Heartbeat). Anyone already figure out how to monitor this issue?

  Thanks by advance,

    LMJ