[hobbit] Hobbit Client Log Size

Haertig, David F (Dave) haertig at avaya.com
Sun Apr 27 21:21:08 CEST 2008

I only use the logfiles when I have a problem with Hobbit.  Which is
very rare.  If I'm having a problems, I shut the server down, wipe out
all the server logfiles (except notifications and acknowledgements),
then restart the server to generate new logfiles.  I do the same thing
on the client end if I'm having a problem with a client. I have found no
use for the logfiles during non-problem times (except for server
notifications and acknowledgements).  I just let the logfiles grow and
grow until I encounter some problem.  I have plenty of disk space in my
implementations.  You may not have the space in yours, so you may need
to use logrotate.  Logrotate is certainly the preferred way to go - I'm
just lazy and haven't implemented it for Hobbit.