Problem with script iishealth.vbs

Tue Apr 22 09:44:44 CEST 2008

Hello,

I would to monitoring IIS on Windows Serveur 2003, I download a script
iishealth.zip :
http://www.deadcat.net/viewfile.php?fileid=834

I added in the configuration file , and I placed in C:\programs
Files\BBWin\ext\ :

<externals>
            <setting name="timer" value="3m" />
            <setting name="logstimer" value="60s" />
            <load value="IIS-Check.vbs" />
</externals>

 I also tested :

  <load value="cscript.exe IIS-Check.vbs" />
  <load value="cscript.exe C:\programs Files\BBWin\ext\IIS-Check.vbs" />

I see this topic on mail archives :

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/03/msg00258.html
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;266416#top

And I tasted this command (and reboot server) :

Try to dredge the computer's performance libraries again by using the
following commands:
winmgmt /clearadap
This command clears all WMI-related values from the service's
performance registry key.
winmgmt /resyncperf "winmgmt service pid"

But, don't work :(

I change this sentence for testing :

--------------------truncated------------------------------
            Option Explicit
            On Error Resume Next
            'Uncomment this if using client 1.08c or lower
            'Const ExternalsPath = "HKLM\Software\BigBrother\bbnt\ExternalPath\"
            'Uncomment this if using client 1.08d or higher
--          Const ExternalsPath =
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\QuestSoftware\BigBrother\bbnt\ExternalPath\"
++       Const ExternalsPath = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\BBWin\"
---------------------truncated-----------------------------

I use currently client BBWin 0.11, All other functions good showing up
in server hobbit.
Someone has tested with this version?

But without success

How can I make it work please ?

Thank you in  advance

Regards.

Here, the README of "iishealth.zip"

END RESULTS:
            1.  You should be able to get good statistics of your IIS
servers giving you:
                        # Current Sessions
                        # Current Connections
                        # Requests Queued (by your ASP Processor)
            2.  Statuses of each of the statistics to be displayed in
your Big Brother server.
            3.  Graphing these statistics through LARRD.
 REQUIREMENTS:
            -Saved Logs Location must be specified.  It is read in
from the registry.
TESTED WITH:
            -VBScript tested on Windows 2000 and 2003
            -LARRD 0.43c
            -RRDTOOL 1.0.48
            -bbntcfg.exe 1.08d & 1.08b1
WARN/ALARM Parameters:
            You can adjust the parameters of the WARN/ALARM values
depending on your hardware and
            configuration.  These are the default numbers:
                                               Warn    Alarm
Variable to Modify in IISHealth.vbs
            Current Connections      300       500
minorCurrConnections & majorCurrConnections
            Request Queued                       0          5
minorReqQueued & majorReqQueued
            Sessions Currect          900       1200
minorSessionsCurr & majorSessionsCurr
INSTRUCTIONS for displaying IIS Health Information:
            1.  Uncomment the line in the vbs script that pertains to
your version of the BB Client.
            2.  Run the IISHealth.vbs script from the client machine
via the extensions list.  It
                        should output data with the column of
iishealth.  You can run the script itself
                        to verify that the script works.  If it does
not output data, then uncomment the
                        "On Error Resume Next" to see the error
specified.  Please send me this
                        information and I will correct the error.

INSTRUCTIONS for graphing IIS Health Information through LARRD:

            1.  Put the iishealth-larrd.sh script in your $LARRDHOME
directory (typically /usr/local/larrd)
            2.  Modify larrd-config.pl so that "iishealth" is in
@DATALIST.  For example:

@DATALIST=("la","memory","iishealth","disk","bbnet","vmstat","netstat","users");
           3.  Modify larrd-grapher.cgi to include contents of
larrd-grapher_update.txt.  I placed this
                        right after the memory section at about line 920.
            4.  Modify bb-bbexttab to include running of the
iishealth-larrd.sh.  For example:
                       localhost: : larrd/iishealth-larrd.sh