[hobbit] Invalid DS name

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Apr 21 22:55:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 01:25:50PM -0400, John Glowacki wrote:
> I am getting the following "Invalid DS name" error in rrd-status.log
> while testing what I can do with hobbit_snmpcollect running 20080405
> snapshot. Do I have a configuration issue or is this a code issue? I
> just had a thought. Is it the quotes need to be stripped out or
> converted?

The quotes look odd, but that is not the "Invalid DS name" problem.
This is caused by your dataset names being excessively long. E.g. you
have a "dfPerCentKBytesCapacity" dataset - this is 24 letters, but
RRDtool limits names to 19 characters.

> ["/vol/testvol/"]
> 	dfIndex = 17
> 	dfMountedOn = "/vol/testvol/"

Yikes ... the MIB probably has this defined as an "octet string", so
why bother quoting it ?