Central configuration hobbitd_client and extended testing

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 06:07:59 CEST 2008

Hi Hobbit users,

Up until recently, we have been using the bigbrother client on all our hosts
reporting through to hobbit (legacy configuration post migration to hobbit).

This is now changing and I really like the central processing that happens
with hobbitd_client.

I have just been looking through the man pages and have also been scouring
the mailing list but have not found what I am looking for.

If I want to convert some of my existing tests (which do all the processing
on the client and then send the green,yellow,red messages to hobbit) over to
the way hobbitd_client seems to work with collecting just the required data
and processing centrally, how do I go about doing this?

What I want to achieve is a central configuration for all of the custom
tests? Can the hobbit-clients.cfg file be extended for further tests or
would this break the configuration?

Many thanks

Phil