[hobbit] BBWin and procs & svcs

Magnus Carlebjörk magnus at carlebjork.se
Mon Apr 7 19:18:38 CEST 2008

Hi Robert.

Well, I entered "man hobbit-clients.cfg" from my 4.3.0-0.20080402
installation and got:

++++
SVC STATUS COLUMN SETTINGS (WINDOWS SERVICES)
       SVC startup status color

       The "svcs" listing sent by the client will be scanned to check
that specific services are run-
       ning.

       "servicename" is a simple string, in which case this string must
show up in the  "svcs"  list-
       ing.  Note that servicename is case-sensitive.
       If "servicename" contains whitespace (blanks or TAB), you must
enclose the full string in dou-
       ble quotes. You cannot use regular expression.  Both options
startup and status  are  required
       and  are  simple  strings,  and  must  show up in the "svcs"
listing as StartupType and Status
       columns.

           SVC Fax startup=manual status=stopped
           SVC MSSQLSERVER startup=automatic status=started

       You can have multiple "SVC" entries for the same host, all of the
checks are merged  into  the
       "svcs" status and the most severe check defines the color of the
status.

       Example: Check that SQL Server Agent is running:
            SVC SQLSERVERAGENT startup=automatic status=started color=yellow

       Defaults:
            color="red".
            Note that no service are checked by default.
++++

Here is a working example:

++++
HOST=BLAHUNGA
        UP      1h
        SVC "Apache2" startup=automatic status=started color=red
        PROC pageant.exe 1 1
        LOAD    80 95
        DISK    * 90 95
        MEMPHYS 90 101