Did a bb "rename" but still finding some old host data

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Sep 28 20:29:01 CEST 2007

I recently used the bb "rename" command to rename a host that had
switched usernames. Everything worked as expected, all of the trending
data shows up under the new hostname.

However, I can run "find" in the data directory, and under
data/hostdata/ I still see the old hostname directory, with 40MB of data
files in it. Also, there is no directory for the newly renamed host. The
files appear to be the full client output data.

Did the files not get properly moved?  Should I now manually rename that
directory, or are they linked to it and I should leave it alone?

-Charles