[hobbit] BBGHOSTS: in tree, but no host-info

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri Sep 28 12:50:40 CEST 2007

On Thursday 27 September 2007, s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:
> Today I change the BBGHOSTS to a value of 0 (it was 1) in hobbitserver.cfg.
> After making that change I sarted seeing messages in my hobbitd.log for a
> few hosts that read as follows:
> Hostname '%%' in tree, but no host-info
>
> 'bin/bb $BBDISP:$BBPORT "hobbitdboard host=%%"' returns nothing. I tried
> a 'bin/bb $BBDISP:$BBPORT "drop %%"' and it was no help. So what tree are
> these devices in and how do I get them out ? Hobbit 4.20 + allinone patch.
>
> Thank you for you assistance,
>  ~Steve

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

After doing some more digging I found that the hobbitserver.cfg documents
BBGHOSTS values; 0, 1, 2. The man page only documents 1 & 2. So I tried a
value of 2. My errors in the hobbitd.log changed to informational entries
under Ghost Reports. But if I try to run the command, '$BB $BBDISP:
$BBPORT "hobbitdboard host=ghostserver"', nothing is returned. I have to
actually make an entry in the etc/bb-hosts for hobbitdboard to return
anything.

Is this the expected behavior ?

Thank you,
 ~Steve