Error while compiling hobbit snapshot ...

Sigurður Guðbrandsson sigurdur at raforninn.is
Wed Sep 26 18:11:01 CEST 2007

Hi.

I was just compiling hobbit snapshot and I got this ..

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DLINUX -I. -I/home/nikkiclau/snapshot/include -I/usr/include -I. `net-snmp-config --cflags` -c -o hobbit_snmpcollect.o hobbit_snmpcollect.c
/bin/sh: net-snmp-config: command not found
hobbit_snmpcollect.c:17:38: error: net-snmp/net-snmp-config.h: No such file or directory
hobbit_snmpcollect.c:18:40: error: net-snmp/net-snmp-includes.h: No such file or directory
hobbit_snmpcollect.c:26: error: syntax error before 'oid'
hobbit_snmpcollect.c:26: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union

I took quite an amount of errors, but currently I am installing libsnmp9-dev to resolve this error (hopefully)

I would recommend that you would add libsnmp9-dev to the dependencies for building the package.

I did not find the dev list quickly so I posted here.

E-mail me if you want to get more information about this error.

With regards,

Sigurður Guðbrandsson
Raförninn ehf.
Suðurhlíð 35