Remote bbtest-net and Info report.

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Mon Sep 24 16:12:44 CEST 2007

All,

I am setting up a remote server that just runs bbtest-net. This will be
performing network test in the DMZ. The remote bbtest-net is sending in
reports to the internal Hobbit server. The only area I see where my user may
have confusion is the INFO report.

The way I have configured monitoring is the the device name is the URL being
tested, i.e. www.example.org. I have a HTTP & SSLCERT report being genrated
and reported into the Internal Hobbit server. The INFO report is being
created on the Internal Hobbit server, and thus being resolved to an internal
IP. Now the tests are running in the DMZ, and resolving & testing the DMZ IP.

Now knowing what the external DMZ IP address being tested would be great, but
I would settle for the Internal Hobbit server seeing the NET: tag, and not
putting the internal resolved IP in the INFO report.

Thoughts ?
 ~Steve