[hobbit] Log file monitoring

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Mon Sep 24 15:00:52 CEST 2007

Right. I missed the 'not'.
Steve.

On 9/24/07, Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/24/07, Steve Holmes <sholmes42 at mac.com> wrote:
> > Can you explain the difference between "expecting to see" and "have it
> > MATCH"?
>
> Reading Joshua's post it seems he wants to be alerted if the file DOES
> NOT contain the word "SIP" - an inverse match.  The help does say that
> regex's are supported, but I don't know if that includes the not
> operator.
>
> --
>                  Please keep list traffic on the list.
>
> Rob MacGregor
>       Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he
>         doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche

We who are strong ought to put up with the failings of the weak, and not to
please ourselves. Each of us must please our neighbor for the good purpose
of building up the neighbor.
-Romans 15:1

Nonviolence means avoiding not only
external physical violence but also
internal violence of spirit. You not only
refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to
hate him.
-Martin Luther King, Jr., civil-rights leader (1929-1968)