[hobbit] Advice on how to handle HA monitoring

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Sep 21 22:06:06 CEST 2007

So you are using a custom script to monitor instead of hobbitclient-*.sh ?
This really isn't an option for me, since I have literally dozens of
servers that all have the same hobbit homedir, although I have written
some custom scripts that check the hostname and only run if they are
launched on the host that they need to be on.

I think I will just have the oncall persons manually edit
hobbit-clients.cfg in the case of a failover (oncall gets woken up
anyhow). They can just uncomment/comment definitions for whichever host
is the master.

It would be nice if you could set dependencies for PROC tests, then I
could just make all of the PROC tests dependant upon something, like one
of the failover daemons, or a flag on the filesystem, etc.

-Charles