[hobbit] Advice on how to handle HA monitoring

Haertig, David F (Dave) haertig at avaya.com
Fri Sep 21 21:55:40 CEST 2007

I do this with a custom monitoring script (I don't use the standard
Hobbit 'procs' test).

There should be something you can check via script that tells you if a
server is primary or not.  In my case, a database filesystem is mounting
on the primary but not on the secondary.  So my script uses 'df' to look
for that filesystem.  You could use 'mount' as well.  If that database
filesystem is mounted the script does the normal test for processes and
reports red/green.  But if it's not mounted, the script reports a clear
condition.