[hobbit] Setting up Disk usage Alarm level

Ryan Jay B. Lapuz rlapuz at fcpp.fujitsu.com
Fri Sep 21 02:48:14 CEST 2007

Thanks Eric,

Base on what you said, I added some points to consider and here it is:

Guidelines in setting up disk monitoring alarm levels:

1. How fast the disk fills up?
        a. Temporary disk usage
        b. Regular disk usage increase (Monthly, Weekly)
2. How fast you can respond whena warning/alarm nitification goes out?
        a. During the alarm, make sure that the remaining disk space can
maintain system availability while addressing the problem.
        b. Identify what files to move/delete - this is to speed up the
recovery

Can you please further eloborate if I miss other factors cause I think I
still do.
Maybe other menbers can also add their ideas so we can make a more effective
guidlines for disk monitoring.
I think this is very helpful specially to those that do not have a lot of
experience like me.

Thanks and regards,
Ryan