Requirements

Adelaide.J.Elmer.Contractor at pmusa.com Adelaide.J.Elmer.Contractor at pmusa.com
Thu Sep 20 20:39:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone can help - I have been reading through the
documentation on the web site - but I don't want to unfairly critic the
application just because I have not run across the information yet.

I have a list of requirements that need to be met and I was hoped someone
with more expert knowledge of Hobbit can tell me whether it meets these
requirements or not.

Auto-discovery of inventory
Comprehensive Monitoring data
Live View of monitored instances
Major Enterprise Application monitoring
Alert generation and notification
support MS platforms, UNIX (Linux, Solaris),MAC
VMware monitoring
Web-based server configuration
Enterprise edition (license+support cost)
Online Documentation
Web-based GUI presentation
Secured data communication
Graphical representation of data collected
Web login authentication required
Alarm threshold configuration
Networking device monitoring
High availability (Cluster capability)
Logical grouping
Robustness and Scalability
Root cause analysis
Event/log tracking
Plug-ins

Thank in Advance for any information you can provide!  We will be using the
monitor for UNIX (Sun, HP, Linux, True64), Windows, VMS systems and
emulators.

Sese (Adelaide) Elmer
UNIX and VMS Systems Administrator
 <BLOCKED::mailto:Adelaide.J.Elmer.Contractor at pmusa.com>