[hobbit] trap column not showing up

FARRIOR, Andy Andy.Farrior at victoriacollege.edu
Sat Sep 15 01:28:23 CEST 2007

After you convert you MIBs using "snmpttconvertmib", you have to edit
the various lines in the snmptt.conf.* files that start with "EVENT" and
change the status from "Normal" to something more useful.  For instance,
by default, all of Cisco's traps have a status of "Normal".

Here's a list of common event status settings and their corresponding
Hobbit alert color:

Normal - green
INFORMATIONAL - green
MINOR - yellow
WARNING - yellow
SEVERE - red
MAJOR - red
CRITICAL - red

Example:

The Cisco "linkDown" traps:

EVENT linkDown .1.3.6.1.2.1.11.0.2 "Status Events" Normal
EVENT linkDown .1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.0.2 "Status Events" Normal

If you want this to generate an alert, change "Normal" to "WARNING" (for
yellow) or "CRITICAL" (for red)

The Dell and APC traps are usually predefined with the various status
settings.

Hope that helps,
Andy