problems building the latest snapshot (Solaris 10)

Richard Wachter hobbit at richwachter.com
Tue Sep 11 18:09:42 CEST 2007

Hello all,
I downloaded the latest snapshot this morning and tried to build it.

Solaris 10 (current patches) and I received this error . . .

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT  -DSunOS -I.
-I/users/hobbit/snapshot/include -I/usr/local/include -DINET6
-DNETSNMP_USE_INLINE -Wall -Dlinux -I. -c -o hobbit_snmpcollect.o
hobbit_snmpcollect.c
hobbit_snmpcollect.c: In function `starthosts':
hobbit_snmpcollect.c:295: warning: 'req' might be used uninitialized in this
function
hobbit_snmpcollect.c: In function `readconfig':
hobbit_snmpcollect.c:530: warning: 'devname' might be used uninitialized in
this function
hobbit_snmpcollect.c: In function `resolveifnames':
hobbit_snmpcollect.c:641: warning: 'ifwalk' might be used uninitialized in
this function
hobbit_snmpcollect.c: At top level:
hobbit_snmpcollect.c:15: warning: 'rcsid' defined but not used
gcc  -o hobbit_snmpcollect hobbit_snmpcollect.o `net-snmp-config --libs`
../lib/libbbgen.a
gcc: language arch=v9 not recognized
inet_aton                           ../lib/libbbgen.a(sendmsg.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
hobbit_snmpcollect
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [hobbit_snmpcollect] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/hobbit/snapshot/bbnet'
make: *** [bbnet-build] Error 2

I have built Hobbit on this server before and really am not sure where to
start to resolve this issue.

I am not looking for someone to " fix it " but for some ideas on what I
might be missing.

--
Richard Wachter
hobbit at richwachter.com
<><   Precariously perched on the precipice of another day . . .