[hobbit] qpage on AIX - a solution!

Levin, Alexandre alevin at reveredata.com
Sun Sep 9 05:24:57 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Smith, Jim <JMSmith at stvincenthealth.com>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 4:30 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk <hobbit at hswn.dk>
Subject: [hobbit] qpage on AIX - a solution!

Greetings!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced difficulties with
"qpage" on the AIX platform.  I finally found the solution to the "got
byte: \377" problem in an old message on the Big Brother message board.

In "qpage" version 3.3, which is the latest version (although it is
several years old), a minor change has to be made in the source file
"ixo.c".

In this file, there is a function named "remote_connect".  In its local
variable declarations, a variable named "c" is cast as a char.  It has
to be changed to an int.

Execute a "make clean" and then "make".  It works perfectly after that.

I have been using "qpage" on Solaris for over four years and I love it!
But I've been wanting to switch everything to a retired AIX server and
this issue has been making me nuts for months!

I hope someone out there finds this information as useful as I did!

Jim Smith

SVHS

Little Rock, AR

NOTICE: This email contains confidential or proprietary information which may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If an addressing error has misdirected the email, please notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer system.