Blue, Green, Red -- Disable Individual Tests within a Test

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Thu Sep 6 20:53:41 CEST 2007

Hello,

So, we are looking at monitoring MQ and if

the Queue Manager is up.

However, in development, they may want to keep some

of the Queue Managers down.

Of course the Test show's red when a Queue Manager is

down.

What I would like to know, is it possible for the overall test

to indicate Green or Yellow, and monitor the other Queue Managers

while allowing an individual Queue Manager to be blue.

I hope I described this correctly. So, Basically, I have a custom

hobbit script that checks multiple items. If an item breaks,

it goes red. What I want to do is be able to disable the single

broke item (using blue), while the other tests continue monitoring.

If I click on the MQ test, it would show green, but with a single

item being blue because I disabled it.

Has anyone done something similar to this in another test.

By the way, I have this same problem in the filesystem test.

On a Database Server, I may have a single file-system that

is 98% full and they are working on coming up with a solution

to reduce the space used. However, I don't want to disable

all the other filesystem tests while they are working on the other.

It would be nice to be able to disable the check of the individual

filesystem turning it blue, but the other filesystems are checked

and would re-alert us if a different filesystem goes red.

James