issue with test time execution

Marganne, Etienne emarganne at be.tiauto.com
Thu Sep 6 14:37:25 CEST 2007

Hello,

Today I noticed something strange on my Hobbit monitoring system. Indeed
we experienced an outage on our network causing a high number of hosts
to be unreachable and therefore causing the network tests to be long. It
took 1285 seconds instead of maximum 300. It looked that that thing
leads some misinterpretations of the BBClient data coming from the
monitored servers. All data coming out of the clients have been
considered as valid even if they were generated something like 4 hours
ago.  Another thing is that even the network tests generated by the
server have been green for a moment even they were not ok all (those
parallel tests have been performed in such conditions that I am sure of
what I am saying).

This failure can cause some false positive if people are not watching
attentively the test hours.

If there are any ways to get rid of that bug... Any help or explanation
is welcome.

Etienne Marganne.

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are Not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.