[hobbit] Feature Request :D ?!

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Wed Oct 24 01:08:13 CEST 2007

There is already a way to get the single graphs out of the big graph,
although not displayed automatically. The trick is to use the "count"
and "first" keywords in the URL to hobbitgraph.sh

So for example, I have a host that has 7 disk partitions graphed in a
single graph.  If I right-click the graph, and copy the URL, I get:

httx://myhobbit.com/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=myhost&service=disk&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&first=1&count=7&disp=myhost&nostale&color=green&graph=hourly&action=view

Now, see the "first" and "count" in the URL?  First is the first dataset
that will be plotted, and count is how many from that one to display. So
if you wanted to see the first disk partition, and only the first, you
would use the same URL except with count=1  (&first=1&count=1). Using
this method, you can easily generate graphs of any single or
/sequential/ group of datasets.  For instance if you only wanted to see
the 3rd, 4th, and 5th disk partitions, you would use
"&first=3&count=3".  In your example screen-shot, to get a graph of just
"Pool_Available", you would use "&first=4&count=1".

I hope that makes sense :)  I know that is not exactly what you want, I
agree it would be cool if anywhere a graph was displayed you could
optionally toggle the datasets on or off, but hopefully this trick will
give you what you need for now.

-Charles