[hobbit] Custom graphs with multiple data sources

Sigurður Guðbrandsson sigurdur at raforninn.is
Wed Oct 10 16:14:30 CEST 2007

Hi.

There is a fourth option, which I took as updating to snapshot caused my hobbit to break for some reason, and seeing that it is a system I must have up 99% of the day, I just backported.
Well, that was not the option anyways :)

My suggestion is that you make a custom script to parse your information and create the RRD's (actually the hobbit server manages creating the RRD's .. You just have to parse the information and send it in the proper format to hobbit).
That way you can have your multi-file RRD's (one per balancer or some) and you don't have to update to snapshot.

I wrote my script in perl (my very first perl script .. How I hate the language ;) and it works very well.
You will not find it in the Shire, mainly because I haven't posted it there yet.

If you need info on how the information is, and how to parse it, just drop me a line.

With regards,

Sigurður Guðbrandsson

Raförninn ehf.

Suðurhlíð 35