[hobbit] Trend Graphs Stopped Showing Data

Mike Livenspargar mlivensp at sonoma-county.org
Wed Oct 10 00:27:54 CEST 2007

Yes, that is correct. The only way we start the server or
the clients is using the scripts created during
installation.

Mike

>>> josh at imaginenetworksllc.com 10/9/2007 1:57:08 PM >>>

Just be certain, you are using the hobbit.sh script created
upon installation - correct?

Josh

On 10/9/07, Mike Livenspargar < mlivensp at sonoma-county.org>
wrote:Yes, at least a couple of times before the reboot, to
no avail. And the boot startup scripts start the server with
the server/hobbit.sh script.

Mike

>>> josh at imaginenetworksllc.com 10/9/2007 1:27:21 PM >>>

Did you try restarting the hobbit server with the provided
script in ~/server/hobbit.sh ?

On 10/9/07, Mike Livenspargar < mlivensp at sonoma-county.org
> wrote: Well, the trend graphs are showing data again. The
server machine was rebooted but it appears the graphs were
showing data prior to the reboot. If I had to guess I'd
think that some process running on the client caused the
data parsing on the server to go awry and once that process
ended things started working again. Is there any
hobbit-saved data I can examine that might help me figure
this out?

 I'll keep my eye on this to see what happens next.

Mike

>>> henrik at hswn.dk 10/8/2007 9:01:02 AM >>>

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 08:38:50AM -0700, Mike Livenspargar
wrote:
> We are a new installation of Hobbit 4.2.0, running on
SuSE
> Linux ES 10 SP1 machines. All has been working fine for a

> couple of months until yesterday when the CPU load and
Users
> and Processes trend graphs for a particular machine
stopped
> showing data. All other trend graphs for that machine
appear
> to be working correctly. The graphs appear on the Trends

> page, but the last 16 hours or so show no data for those
two
> graphs.

Is the CPU status for that host showing a purple status ?
If yes, then for some reason the cpu status is not being
updated,
and this affects the graph updates.

There's also been one report that the hobbitd_rrd module
crashed
on a specific status message, which could also explain it.
In that case,
you should have a core file in the ~hobbit/data/tmp/
directory,
and some log-entries in hobbitlaunch.cfg.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

--
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340

Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent
it, poorly.
--- Henry Spencer