[hobbit] adding a view for disabled (blue) systems, similiar to the non-green view

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Oct 3 11:06:13 CEST 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 04:25:11PM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> I know this data is generated by the cgi-bin/hobbit-nongreen.sh script,
> so I created another one called hobbit-blue.sh and had it filter on blue
> colors.  It grabs the correct host data, but I guess I need it to be run
> through bbgen for the webpage to be rendered properly and to produce
> something like a bb2.html.
>
> Is there an easier way to accomplish this w/o having to patch the hobbit
> source code (bbgen.c, process.c)?

Short answer: No.

Building the normal webpages is deeply embedded in bbgen. It would be
really nice to move it out of there, and into a dynamic webpage where
you could directly select which data is used to build the page. That's
not possible now.

Historically, bbgen is the oldest piece of Hobbit, and this does show
in the code :-)