[hobbit] Can I do macro in hobbit-client.cfg like hobbit-alerts.cfg ?

Trent Melcher trent.melcher at sitel.com
Tue Oct 2 22:40:57 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 14:52 -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:
> I am looking for following  MACRO(R1) syntax to work in hobbit-client.cfg beside hobbit-alerts.cfg
>
> $A=a.com|b.com
>       PROC sendmail 1 -1 red
> $B=b1.com|b2.com
>       PROC syslog 1 -1 red
> $ALL=$A|$B
>       PROC cron 1 -1 red
>
> So all 4 machines will have cron process monitored beside group A have sendmail and group B have syslog processes monitored.
>
> Is above syntax supported in hobbit-client.cfg ?

I asked this same question awhile back and never received an answer, but
I tries a couple different ways and never could get it to work.

------------my original post-------------
Can the same technique used in the hobbit-alerts.cfg for defining a
group of hosts be used in the hobbit-clients.cfg?  Example:

$HG_NOTES=(athena|ids|isis).foo.com

HOST=%$HG_NOTES
        PROC notes TRACK=notes "TEXT=Lotus Notes"

------------my original post-------------
Thanks

Trent