[hobbit] strange graph behavior - random machines & graphs

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Fri Nov 30 16:53:37 CET 2007

Gary,

This is pretty hard to decipher from "afar".

I think I remember you saying that when you dump the data it is always
okay?

Some wild thoughts:

a) could there be two different processes updating the same RRD files?

b) are all servers using the same version of rrdtool?

c) are the hobbitgraph files okay?  I have proven to my satisfaction
that hobbitgraph definition errors can make the graphs act funny.

d) if this stuff is on a SAN, can it be moved to local storage?

I am just "fishing."  Sometimes, when I am at my wit's end, I just
change SOMETHING to see if it makes a difference. Even WORSE can help
get me started.

GLH