[hobbit] http POST content check failing

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 16:17:02 CET 2007

I can't seem to confirm if the "post" (as opposed to "cont") check
actually works correctly in Hobbit 4.2.0 (latest patches applied).
More specifically, I'm not sure if Hobbit is actually correctly
submitting the form data.  If I click on the "post" column, the
webpage Hobbit is displaying is the page with the submission form, and
not the result of the posting to that form.  In fact, if I change the
regular expression to search for content that is only available on the
submission form, and not the resulting page if the form data is
submitted, the content check is green.  So it seems Hobbit isn't
submitting the form data properly.

The only thing I noticed is that the example given in the Hobbit
bb-hosts man page showed an input field of "type=text", but the input
field on the form I'm testing uses "type=input".  I can't imagine that
should be a reason for this to not work, but is it possible?