[hobbit] Use hobbit in operation center with critcal systems view

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Nov 15 17:43:24 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 00:26 +0100, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 09:29:53AM +0200, Gräub Roland wrote:

> > Definition (Edit Critical Systems);
> > Easiest way for us; made standard definitions and add host to this templates. Works fine.
> > But i miss a connection between alerts and critical view definition. Something like a option in hobbit-alerts.cfg to define that this rule is also valid for critical view.
> > Send a email when a alert shows up in critical view with all the possibiltys form hobbit-alerts.cfg.
>
> Wouldn't these two do the same thing ?
> Using the alert definitions to control the critical view is an interesting
> idea, I hadn't thought of that.

I remind you that I previously asked for a method to filter in
hobbit-alerts.cfg based on whether the test is a critical test (in it's
timeframe etc.).

The other problem I have with the critical view is the fact that (in
4.2.0 + the patch set from about one year ago) the "Config Report
(critical)" does not work, it displays nothing, even though "Config
Report" for the same page/host lists the details in the NK column.

We have just enabled passing events via a SCRIPT rule in
hobbit-alerts.cfg through to CA Unicenter (unfortunately with a
proprietary middleware).

Regards,
Buchan