[hobbit] HPUX hobbit client install problem

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Thu May 31 18:24:30 CEST 2007

The bundled HP/UX compiler is only good for recompiling the kernel.  I spent 6 months dealing with them before they told me this (this wasn't for Hobbit).  The real joy is their linker...which, IMHO, is broken since it will wlet you compile broken apps (missing symbols, etc) but you don't find out about it until you try to run the app.  I believe you can "fix" this by using the -k option to HP/UX's ld.

=G=