hobbitdboard and hobbitdxboard: Confirmation on behavior.

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Tue May 8 15:10:01 CEST 2007

Looking at the bb man page I see the following:
> By default - if no CRITERIA is provided - it returns one line for all status
> messages that are found in Hobbit. You can filter the response by selecting
> a page, a host, a test or a color - wildcards are not supported, so you can
> pick only one page, host, test or color.

But it seems I can do a query for multiple tests/color combinations
> bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdxboard color=red,yellow,purple test=cpu|disk|
memory"

color needs a coma to be used as a separator, and test needs a pipe. it seems
to work, I just wanted to confirm this behavior was suppose to be working in
this manner. I don't want to write scripts that have a foundation on a bug.

Thanks,
 ~Steve