[hobbit] FW: Two issues - new user

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 2 22:39:11 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 05:47:18PM +0100, Brian O'Mahony wrote:
> One of our HPUX PA-RISC machines has a red smiley face next to ports.
> This server was previously configured to run hobbit. Here is the error :
> Weblogic (found 0, req. 1 or more)

"next to ports" - do you mean in the "procs" column ? It sounds like it
is. In that case, you'll find there is a setting in the
"hobbit-clients.cfg" file where this host has configured a check for a
process called "WebLogic". Remove that check, and the red smiley should
turn green.

> An AIX server (5.3) every now and again the memory page goes red. It
> says its using 4billion % of the memory. While this seems great
> efficiency for such a small box how can I prevent this / why is it
> happening?

Sounds like an integer overflow in how the percentage is calculated.
Could you forward me the detailed memory status when this happens ?
You can find one of them if you click on the "History" button for the
memory status, and then click on one of the red occurrences.

> Some of the servers are yellow for memory, and when expanded it points
> to vm/swap space. The servers sometimes go above 80% (which I can see
> from the configuration report). However they just stay yellow even when
> they return below the threshold. How do I stop these from staying
> yellow, or at least when they do give a yellow alert, that I can just
> turn it back to green after noting it?

The thresholds for when they go yellow (or red) are in the
hobbit-clients.cfg file (on the Hobbit server). You can change them there.