FW: Two issues - new user

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Wed May 2 18:47:18 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian O'Mahony
Sent: 02 May 2007 17:36
To: hobbit-help at hswn.dk
Subject: Two issues - new user

Ive just taken over managing the unix servers here at work - they are a
combination of AIX, HPUX, and solaris.

Here are the three issues I have stumbled across, and don't know enough
about this program to resolve:

One of our HPUX PA-RISC machines has a red smiley face next to ports.
This server was previously configured to run hobbit. Here is the error :
Weblogic (found 0, req. 1 or more)

I thought someone may have set it up to watch the Weblogic port, so I
removed the older version of hobbit, and put on the latest stable
release. Problem is the face is still red. How do I remove this?

An AIX server (5.3) every now and again the memory page goes red. It
says its using 4billion % of the memory. While this seems great
efficiency for such a small box how can I prevent this / why is it
happening?

Some of the servers are yellow for memory, and when expanded it points
to vm/swap space. The servers sometimes go above 80% (which I can see
from the configuration report). However they just stay yellow even when
they return below the threshold. How do I stop these from staying
yellow, or at least when they do give a yellow alert, that I can just
turn it back to green after noting it?

Thx

Brian