Stumped - Client Reports are now showing up

Gary Ciampa Gary.Ciampa at sas.com
Fri Mar 23 16:16:51 CET 2007

Howdy,

So, I'm stumped....last week we had a system outage and I have not been able to get one of the client nodes to report client information to the server;

The reporting for the node is as if there is NOT a client running, ie: I observe "conn" "info" and "trends" columns, the remaining columns are "-"

I've investigated the following:
- ping behaves correctly between the nodes
- stopped and restarted both the server and client
- started the client with the --hostname=<node> option
- netstat on the server and client node do NOT report any connectivity on port 1984
- telnet directly from the client to the server node on port 1984 works
- hobbitd does not indicate any problems with the remote node (ghost reports)
- issued a bb command to drop the offending node, eventually the server refreshes and the client shows up with the conn, info and trend columns only

The node is an AIX P5, I have two systems on the same network segment, the second node is happy (hobbit smiley faces)

Client start command is:
./runclient.sh start --hostname=emiaix01.unx.sas.com

Host Information:
-bash-3.00# hostname
emiaix01.unx.sas.com
-bash-3.00# ping emiaix01
PING emiaix01.unx.sas.com: (10.41.9.195): 56 data bytes

My bb-host defintion is:
10.41.9.195    emiaix01.unx.sas.com      # NAME:"EMIAIX01" CLIENT:emiaix01.unx.sas.com

Gary T. Ciampa
Enterprise Management Integration
Phone:	 (919) 531-6140
Fax: 	(919) 677-4444