[hobbit] BBMAP

Bryan A Kennedy b-kennedy1 at raytheon.com
Wed Mar 21 17:36:45 CET 2007

Sorry for the delay.   Daniel Thank you for responding.  I was looking at
it some more and the map URL entry caught my eye.  It looks like this
currently:

      VAR = baseurl:

That doesn't seem right.  How should it look?

Thanks for your help.

Bryan

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 14:57 -0500, Bryan A Kennedy wrote:
> Hi.  I have been trying to get the BBMAP plug-in to work with Hobbit.  I
> have read the docs and the other mail archives regarding this, but I am
> having issues getting it to work properly.

A few more details please.

>   When I select a map for display
> and select example map, nothing shows up.

Is there anything in example.MAP?  If there are no hosts defined, then
nothing will show up.

>   I have tried setting the DEBUG
> mode, but I am still having trouble.  The hobbit server is Linux RH.
Does
> anyone have this working?

Yes, I have it mostly working (Mine is heavily hacked and displays EIGRP
neighbor states between routers, and is supposed to query MRTG's rrd
files for bandwidth, but something broke with that and the bandwidth
doesn't display.  I think I'm getting NaN on my last-update query, but
haven't spent much time playing with it lately).

>   Is there some other map type feature I should
> use instead?  Thank you for your time and help.

I haven't heard of any other mapping programs that understand Hobbit.
I've though about using weathermap ( http://netmon.grnet.gr/weathermap/
or  http://weathermap4rrd.tropicalex.net/ ) but I'd have to hack that up
quite a bit to make it do what I want, and I haven't had a large enough
block of dedicated time to think about doing that.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy