[hobbit] drop test not sticking...

Benjamin Gagnon benjamin.gagnon at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 19 13:08:56 CET 2007

I tried both of the options you suggested and they do not work for me.  I listed the contents of my configuration files in my previous post on this subject (listed again here).  Both of these changes are in place but neither of them is having an effect.

Does this work for you?  I'm using 4.2.

Benjamin

-------------------
Server
-------------------
bb-hosts (Should have an impact but doesn't)

page CLIENTS Hobbit Clients
group-compress  <H3><I>Hobbit Clients</I></H3>
142.78.43.171   opsappsl.lac-bac.gc.ca          # NOCOLUMNS:msgs,ports,files,procs
 ctmoratst

-------------------
client-local.cfg
(I believe that commenting out all the lines should have an impact
however this is not clear from the documentation)

All lines are commented out

-------------------
hobbitlauch.cfg (Change should have an impact but doesn't)

# The client back-end module. You need this if you are running the Hobbit client on any system.
[clientdata]
        ENVFILE /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd

CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=client --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/clientdata.log
hobbitd_client --no-clear-msgs --no-clear-files --no-clear-ports

-------------------

Client

-------------------

clientlaunch.cfg  (Changes should have no impact)

[ctmoratst]
        ENVFILE /home/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD /home/hobbit/client/ext/plugins/oracle/controlm_oracle_test.php
        LOGFILE /home/hobbit/client/logs/controlm_oracle_test.launch.log
        INTERVAL 5m

-------------------

localclient.cfg (Change should have no impact)

DEFAULT
        # These are the built-in defaults.
        UP      2h
        LOAD    5.0 10.0
        DISK    * 90 95
        MEMPHYS 100 101
        MEMSWAP 50 80
        MEMACT  90 97

hobbitclient-linux.sh (Changes did have an impact... ports and procs are no longer being reported)

#echo "[ports]"
# Bug in RedHat's netstat spews annoying error messages.
#netstat -ant 2>/dev/null

#echo "[ps]"
#ps -Aw -o pid,ppid,user,start,state,pri,pcpu,time,pmem,rsz,vsz,cmd