[hobbit] drop test not sticking...

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Mar 19 12:37:47 CET 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 01:08:59AM -0700, Benjamin Gagnon wrote:
> Hi, I'm having a problem with dropping a host's test.
>
> I perform the following command from the server (there are no output errors or errors in the error log)...
>
>  bb 127.0.0.1 "drop opsappsl.lac-bac.gc.ca ports"
>
> Within a couple of minutes the ports column gets dropped and then a couple of minutes later the column reappears.  So the drop command works ok but the settings do not stick.

The "ports" column re-appears because it is one of the columns generated
from the client data. So after you drop it, it will be re-created the
next time the client sends in an update.

If you want to remove the "ports" column because it is clear (white),
then use the "NOCOLUMNS:ports" setting in bb-hosts, or change
hobbitserver.cfg so hobbitd_client is launched with the --no-clear-ports
option.