[hobbit] SNMP monitoring?

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Mar 13 14:34:46 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 08:52 -0400, Michael A. Price wrote:
> devmon will do the trick ;-)

Unless you need snmp v3.  devmon does not support it, because the
underlying perl modules used don't support it.

I spent a lot of time hacking up mrtg to support snmp v3 - that's
available and relatively stable in mrtg 2.15.  I currently use it and
bbmrtg to get statistics from 384 devices, including temperature probes,
ups, pix firewalls, and routers.  That chews up a dual-processor box by
itself.  I wouldn't mind moving to something a bit more flexible like
devmon, but snmpv3 is a requirement.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy