[hobbit] Tried to down BOARDBUSY on custom listener startup

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 6 12:54:08 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 11:19:21AM +0000, Gildas Le Nadan wrote:
> I've written a custom perl listener for the client channel.
>
> It seems to work quite fine when it starts properly, but most of the
> time it just sits there receiving no data and there's the message "Tried
> to down BOARDBUSY" in the listener logs.
>
> I suspect this is related to the channel registration :)

How are you running your perl program ?

You must run it from hobbitlaunch.cfg through a new section like

[myclienttool]
	ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
	CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=client /usr/local/bin/myclient.pl
	LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/myclient.log

myclient.pl then receives the client data on <STDIN>

For debugging you can run it by hand. You MUST be logged in as the
hobbit user, then run
    bbcmd hobbitd_channel --channel=client /usr/local/bin/myclient.pl