[hobbit] client-local.cfg not propagating

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jun 26 07:24:27 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 02:58:14PM -0700, Peters, Ron wrote:
> I have a client that isn't receiving the client-local.cfg information.  The
> 'files' and 'msgs' categories are reported as 'clear' since there is no data
> on which to base a status.

Watch out - the client-local.cfg settings only determine which files the
client will report data for. To actually get a real (green/red/yellow)
status message, you need to configure hobbit-clients.cfg as well,
telling Hobbit how to analyze the data it gets about these files.

It sounds like you're on the right track - the client is sending data
about the files you want to watch - but you just need to configure the
analysis part of Hobbit.