[hobbit] hobbitfetch with Windows clients, and bbproxy

Bryan A Kennedy b-kennedy1 at raytheon.com
Tue Jun 26 00:13:58 CEST 2007

Thank you for the response.  The security group has put a wrinkle in this
setup since they won't allow any type of SSH tunneling.  I am unable to
open any ports from the clients to the server, and no SSH tunneling.  I
started looking at bbproxy.  Is it possible to have the main Hobbit sever
pulldata from the bbproxy server, instead of the bbproxy server pushing
data to the main hobbit server?  I thought to have the Windows clients send
data to a hobbit server in their dmz which would be a bbproxy server, then
have the main hobbit server pulldata from this bbproxy server.  These
Windows clients don't have Cygwin or SSH.  Any ideas?  Thank you for your
time.

Regards,

Bryan Kennedy

             Daniel Bourque
             <dbourque at weather
             data.com>                                                  To
                                       hobbit at hswn.dk
             06/22/2007 03:25                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [hobbit] hobbitfetch with
             Please respond to         Windows clients
              hobbit at hswn.dk

I have lots of customer systems in that same situation, instead of using
hobbitfecth, I use ssh tunnels and configure hobbit clients to connect
to localhost.

on the hobbit server, you can setup something running from inittab that
does:

ssh user at clienthost  -T -n -N -g -x -R1984:localhost:1984

So if the client connects to localhost:1984, it's connecting to the
server's hobbit port.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk