[hobbit] hobbitfetch replacement with ssh

Haertig, David F (Dave) haertig at avaya.com
Sat Jun 23 19:28:05 CEST 2007

Good idea!  I just need to see how hobbitlaunch normally passes ENVFILE
and LOGFILE to CMD (hobbit-client.sh) when it normally envokes CMD.  So
I can do that when I invoke hobbit-cient.sh manually via ssh.  Probably
just as simple env variables.  I'll check the source code for
hobbitlaunch, or just "guess-and-test".

BTW, the clients appear to NOT attempt to connect to Hobbit server, and
still behave gracefully, if you set BBDISP=0.0.0.0 and BBDISPLAYS="".
At least the logfile quits complaining about that "Whoops!" message.
And the msx.XXX.txt file is still generated normally.  Great!

One last thing is to figure out why there aren't the normal "Client data
available" links on the Hobbit webpages (not a show-stopper if they
aren't there).

Thanks