Hobbit as a Package, Fedora Core 3

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Thu Jun 21 16:34:48 CEST 2007

Hello All,

We are using Fedora Core 3 for an in-house application suite.
I've loaded on Hobbit with no problems and everything is working,

but I compiled everything from source.

I also had to compile and install: Apache2, rrdtool, tcl, pcre, and libart

prior to compiling Hobbit.

These are development boxes which use Kickstart to install new

versions of the in-house applications.

I would like to create a single rpm's of Hobbit, Apache2,
rrdtool, tcl, pcre, and libart so that I can easily install Hobbit

during the Kickstart process.

I've never created an rpm of a software application. Can someone give

me some good pointers. I've dug through some of the docs,

but I'm still a bit rough on the process. I understand that some of the

applications have a file that I might be able to use in the process.

Thanks..James

  _____