Problem with multiple display servers and hobbit.

Sigurður Guðbrandsson sigurdur at raforninn.is
Fri Jun 15 12:39:07 CEST 2007

Hiya.

I am having a bit of a problem with multiple display servers and hobbit.

I have a central server that is accessable from the internet and I have
a couple of servers here and there to monitor devices for me.

The devices can't send information to the central server, only the local
server at each location.

I configured each local server to have two bb displays in
hobbitserver.cfg. (See below)

# General settings
BBPORT="1984"                   # Portnumber where hobbitd/bbd listens
BBDISP="0.0.0.0"                # IP of a single hobbit/bbd server
BBDISPLAYS="$BBSERVERIP 11.11.11.11"                  # IP of multiple
hobbit/bbd servers. If used, BBDISP must be 0.0.0.0

The second IP address is a fake one on purpose, however in my config it
is real.

And in the hobbitlaunch.cfg file the line that runs the daemon is the
following.

[hobbitd]
        ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        CMD hobbitd --pidfile=$BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitd.pid --restart=
$BBTMP/hobbitd.chk --checkpoint-file=$BBTMP/hobbitd.chk
--checkpoint-interval=50 --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitd.log
--admin-senders=127.0.0.1 --store-clientlogs=!msgs

This also is all good afaik.

When I look at the local server, the conn status and everything is good
all the time.
However when I look at the central server the conn tab is good for 4
minutes or so and then every server that has a local server is down for
1.

Has anyone experienced this problem and/or knows a solution to this?

With regards,
  Sigurður Guðbrandsson.