PORT checks & color

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Fri Jun 15 00:11:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

    On hosta, I monitor many connections, one of them is to hostb. hostb
is currently being moved. I can't disable the port check, since all the
other connection will no longer be monitored. Since alerts for hosta are
only generated for red and yellow statuses, so I tried to use the
following :

PORT LOCAL=hosta.:30805 REMOTE=%hostb.* STATE=ESTABLISHED "TEXT=hostb
connection" COLOR=purple

This would keep monitoring all connections, without generating pages
about hostb. Unfortunately, the color never goes to purple. I also tried
using quotes, but eventually I commented out that line in hobbit-alerts.cfg.

Is the color purple not a valid color for the PORT check ? is there a
smarter way to do what I'm trying to do ?

Thanks

-Dan