NCV RRD handler that will create multiple rrd files from a single test

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Thu Jun 14 19:38:23 CEST 2007

This topic has come up on the list a couple of times, but I don't think
I've ever heard a definitive answer.

I really need the ability for the NCV module (or a different module) to
create multiple rrd files using data from a single test, just like the
way the do_disk rrd handler works.  Over the last month I have been
working to get a lot of my networking equipment monitored and graphed
using devmon, and there are many situations (such as concurrent sessions
per virtual server on my load balancer) where the addition of a new
monitored parameter (i.e adding a new virtual server) to the exisiting
test will cause havoc for the ncv rrd handler.  Is there any chance that
this kind of functionality will make it into Hobbit?  It'd be cool to
have an NCV module that can handle both cases, or an additional NCV
module to produce multiple rrd files and works alongside the traditional
one.

Tom
--
Tom Georgoulias