Error 500 when viewing Critical Systems page

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Jun 12 05:31:48 CEST 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Gary Baluha wrote:

> I have been getting intermittent "Error 500" errors when viewing the
> Critical Systems page.  This is the familiar "Internal Server Error"-type of
> message.  I haven't yet been able to find a pattern of when I get the
> errors, but most of the time, it works just fine.  The only thing I have
> been able to find in the apache log messages is:
>
> [Mon Jun 11 23:14:29 2007] [error] [client 172.21.3.118] Premature end of
> script headers: hobbit-nkview.sh, referer: http://hobbit.cuc.net/
>
> I was having this problem before, but was running a non-patched
> 4.2.0version, which was upgraded from an earlier version.  I have
> since moved to
> a brand new server, with a fresh compile/install of 4.2.0 with the latest
> allinone patch.  The OS is Red Hat EL4 Update 5.

You might want to try "setenforce 0" and see if that lets it work. I have this
exact problem. I need to figure out how to label the hobbit files to make
things work, with selinux in enforcing mode. It is on my "round tuit" list.

Has anyone figured out how to make hobbit work with selinux enabled? If so a
pointer to a doc would be appreciated.

> Is there any way that I can get more detailed logging as to what exactly the
> problem is?

Did you look in /var/log/messages or in /var/log/hobbit/*?

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com